fry lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hemianthus Callitrichoides aka dwarf baby tears. It would make a great carpet plant that the shrimp wouldn't get lost in.

Yep Ive seen some pretty cool videos of it only downside is that you have to be kinda experienced in planting or it will probably die off...

Im still learning how to do this planting thing so I am still trying to learn how to use that stuff all i have in my tank is a jav fern and an Anubais.

Is it possible to put that many plants in a 1 gallon? I've been thinking about getting some shrimp! Or maybe some snails. I think snails would be too much though.

I got us way off topic lol! Sorry.

Mabey just do a HC carpet anubias petite and 3 different single stems in the back. Yes we did we got way off topic huh? Oops lol

:( losing more fry .. idk what is wrong besides maybe a shock from being moved from the main tank.. but i used water from the main tank in their new 1.8 g.. checked the water and all that i can see is the ammonia is high but im thinking thats from the dead fry.. i dont want to loose many more. It has only been a week and i really want to have some left.. this is my first batch since i had to totally restock my tank about 6 months ago ... i did a 50 percent water change and it is still a lil high.. should i do another one tomorrow? Or is that too close.. i dont want to stress them out... any ideas?

:( losing more fry .. idk what is wrong besides maybe a shock from being moved from the main tank.. but i used water from the main tank in their new 1.8 g.. checked the water and all that i can see is the ammonia is high but im thinking thats from the dead fry.. i dont want to loose many more. It has only been a week and i really want to have some left.. this is my first batch since i had to totally restock my tank about 6 months ago ... i did a 50 percent water change and it is still a lil high.. should i do another one tomorrow? Or is that too close.. i dont want to stress them out... any ideas?

Sounds like your having a larger scale of what happened to me. Anything new in the tank? Or is it all stuff from the original tank?

All from the original tank.. except the rocks.. uh oh.. is that a problem? Its too late to change them now.. the rocks were from my other cycled 10 g tank..

All from the original tank.. except the rocks.. uh oh.. is that a problem? Its too late to change them now.. the rocks were from my other cycled 10 g tank..

From what I have heard and can understand it shouldnt be a problem. I think what happened with mine (might have happened with yours) is when I transfered the gravel into the new tank it created an amonia spike. I have found that might test kit hasnt been working properly lately. There's just no way that two weeks I havent seen a single bit of ammonia in my 10 gal.

I could be wrong though. Until I get a new test kit I cant be sure this is what is going on in my tanks.

as i think about it though you said you tested and everything was fine. So this shouldnt be your problem. The other thing I thought might have caused something was either stress or something to do with the tank it self and it being so new.

How much money can you make from breeding fish ? And how much money does it take ?

Fishy_lover said:
How much money can you make from breeding fish ? And how much money does it take ?

That depends a lot on the fish you are wanting to breed. Some, like most livebearers, are fairly inexpensive and easy to breed but will not make you much money. Others need larger, more expensive setups and can often make you more money. In general rarer fish and difficult to breed fish will make you more money but are generally more expensive to breed due to the cost of a good pair and the cost of purchasing and running tanks to hold the pair and raise the fry. I've put in about $200 in the past three months to start breeding bettas. It will probably take a few more spawns for me to start seeing profit.

If you are a beginner i suggest guppies even tho they won't really make that much money but you can learn how to breed properly

I agree with Alyxx and Leatherback1. If your just starting out I would go with guppies Molly's or platys. They are the easiest to breed. That's about where I'm at in breeding so can't give any more advice beyond this step.

I agree with Alyxx and Leatherback1. If your just starting out I would go with guppies Molly's or platys. They are the easiest to breed. That's about where I'm at in breeding so can't give any more advice beyond this step.

Haha:) ! Same with me

ATTENTION ALL GUPPY LOVERS:check out my thread "guppy masters" and post pics of your amazing guppy fish that you bred and raised!!(Platy and Molly parents are allowed to post pics too:D )

So, here I am with 50 something fry and guess what happens, the stinking fish tank sprung a leak! I just bought the tank when the Dalmation Mollies were born a couple months ago, too. So, it's leaking all over (and I just redecorated for them when this batch was born. Argh!), and I had to scoop all of them out with the net and drain all the water out the best I could. I put the bigger ones into the main tank and accidentally got a little one in there, but he was still doing fine today. The rest went into the shower caddy basket since it has the most space but it was just too cramped. I ended up putting half in the main tank today since the other little guy was doing fine in there. Seems the bigger fish are actually leaving them alone for once. I put the rest in my 3 gallon but the 3 gallon filter just stinks... Poor little guys got netted and put in a basket and then netted and put in other tanks, but they all held up for it all. Troopers they are. Now I am ready to scream at someone for this brand new tank doing this to me! Right now, I guess I'll have to buy some seal and take everything out and reseal it.

And, so sorry to hear about you losing all your fry. It's sad. I had 5 left of the swordtails, but when I took them out, I only found 3. 2 went MIA? I got 3 out of about 26, but at least I got the 3. I hate it when I find them lifeless, though. They are just so tiny and helpless and cute and you try to do your best for them. My swordtail is pregnant right now again. So, waiting on the next batch. Just know there will be more coming on the way. It never ends...

Aww man that must be absolutely horrible!!At least look on the bright side and be happy that you have an extra tank to put them in.........

So, here I am with 50 something fry and guess what happens, the stinking fish tank sprung a leak! I just bought the tank when the Dalmation Mollies were born a couple months ago, too. So, it's leaking all over (and I just redecorated for them when this batch was born. Argh!), and I had to scoop all of them out with the net and drain all the water out the best I could. I put the bigger ones into the main tank and accidentally got a little one in there, but he was still doing fine today. The rest went into the shower caddy basket since it has the most space but it was just too cramped. I ended up putting half in the main tank today since the other little guy was doing fine in there. Seems the bigger fish are actually leaving them alone for once. I put the rest in my 3 gallon but the 3 gallon filter just stinks... Poor little guys got netted and put in a basket and then netted and put in other tanks, but they all held up for it all. Troopers they are. Now I am ready to scream at someone for this brand new tank doing this to me! Right now, I guess I'll have to buy some seal and take everything out and reseal it.

And, so sorry to hear about you losing all your fry. It's sad. I had 5 left of the swordtails, but when I took them out, I only found 3. 2 went MIA? I got 3 out of about 26, but at least I got the 3. I hate it when I find them lifeless, though. They are just so tiny and helpless and cute and you try to do your best for them. My swordtail is pregnant right now again. So, waiting on the next batch. Just know there will be more coming on the way. It never ends...

Sounds like a night mare! I'm in the process of re-sealing a 5 gallon with my nephew decided to give it to him for his birthday rather than use it myself. Once again ill have to agree with leatherback1 on this. A least you have another place to put them.

FRESHWATERASHLEY: how are your little guys doing?!

Back
Top Bottom