fry lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pics i promised!!!

ForumRunner_20130625_135241.jpg
Mom and dad tending eggs

ForumRunner_20130625_135205.jpg
And watching their few fry they got 2 keep

ForumRunner_20130625_135140.jpg
Babies!!!

ForumRunner_20130625_135149.jpg
7 day old angelfish fry...

thank you! i cant wait 2 see the fathers tail fully grown in! and see what colors i get from the pair!

me too i want to try setting up a biotope for electric blue ram cichlids and try breeding them because my lfs sells them for 60 a piece. getting over the livebearers now i want to try something that lays eggs. anyone have any rams breeding?

Haha just learned you don't let a 1 gal. Get away from you. Just had to do an emergency thorough cleaning. Hopefully I didn't put my fry through too much stress.

image-821664365.jpg

So many babies from my honeys! They keep breeding. Might have to take the female out just to calm it down a bit. If you zoom in you can see just how many little tails are sticking down!

So many babies from my honeys! They keep breeding. Might have to take the female out just to calm it down a bit. If you zoom in you can see just how many little tails are sticking down!

Wow! How many you think you have?

That's a lot! I'm hoping my batches stay as small as they have been. Don't know if I can handle 50+ fry.

That's a lot! I'm hoping my batches stay as small as they have been. Don't know if I can handle 50+ fry.

Yeah no idea what a will do with them all, will be selling a few but doubt he would take them all!! Got 22 Molly fry growing as well and no clue what to do with them either.

It's been a while since there's been any posts. How are everyone's little guys and gals doing?! Mine are going on 3 weeks old now. They have tripled in size an begining to gain their colors. I'm shocked at how much faster they are growing compared to my previous batches. Next week I should have a new batch of little guys!

My little Dalmatian molly fry are doing well. They are 3 weeks old today which there are about 30 of them. Some are bigger than the others but assuming that normal. Also looks like momma molly is prego again!! Not sure what I'm going to do with all these fry!

Yeh I have about 22 Molly fry in total and no where for them to go at the moment! 8 week old dalmation fry and 2 week old fry from a black and gold Molly, fry are showing amazing colours so far! My honey gourami fry are also 2 weeks old but not much growth from them!

Guppy fry are just over a week old, doing well however I lost one of them yesterday, I found it out of the net so not entirely sure what happened:( started feeding Hikari today, they go mad for it! It's cheap and lasts ages too! Defiantly should get it for fry! Called Hikari Tropical First Bites!

Attachments

• image-2081793480.jpg
    image-2081793480.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 73
Took a closer looks and counted. I apparently lost a fry. Not sure how. Just know that the shrimp did their job.

My guppy fry are 9 days old now! How long does it usually take for colours to start coming out?

I have a problem.In my one gallon my fry are getting bigger.Big enough to produce enough waste that it is visible on the gravel.There are 10 of them and they are all about 1 month old.I was wondering if I could add some to the main tank? They still look small enough to be eaten.

I have a problem.In my one gallon my fry are getting bigger.Big enough to produce enough waste that it is visible on the gravel.There are 10 of them and they are all about 1 month old.I was wondering if I could add some to the main tank? They still look small enough to be eaten.

They are probably still a little too small, but I think if you out a bunch of plants for them to hide in you might be able to get away with putting some in your main tank.

Well actually my tank is already a bit overstocked as it is but after the summer most of my fish will be going back their original owner and I will be able to add the fry(which will be big enough by then).

Back
Top Bottom