Fry tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can get a small filter that will help, it sticks to the inside of the tank used for that size tank.

i used to have a small half moon betta tank that was 2 gallons and it had about 100 molly babies at any point to grow out till i gave them away. just dont use a substrate the babies will get stuck and a low power filter and some heat

This I my current nursery, getting quite full indeed they are sooooo cute and most already have homes.

ForumRunner_20121116_231844.jpg

I use a turkey baister to skem the bottom of my nursery of extra food and aslo have baby trumpet snails and shrimp in there it helps a lot.

We use a 10 gallon as a fry tank. I don't have anything over the filter. Never lost any babies. And totally against what every one else is saying.......I clean it once a month. The tank has a large breeding population of malaysain trumpet snails. There is no heater in the tank at all. Temp stays at 74 most of the time!

clowninaround said:
We use a 10 gallon as a fry tank. I don't have anything over the filter. Never lost any babies. And totally against what every one else is saying.......I clean it once a month. The tank has a large breeding population of malaysain trumpet snails. There is no heater in the tank at all. Temp stays at 74 most of the time!

Agrees this is what I do when my 15g is available, I only clean mine with the baister due to its size.

I squeeze it outside of the tank then suck any trash up from the bottom. Just helps to keep it cleaner without stressing the babies. Gatta be careful not to suck the babies up n do it slow, I put trash in a cup to make sure before discarding it.

Back
Top Bottom