Fry tank URGENT!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leatherback1

Aquarium Advice Freak
My guppies just had fry and I want to set up a small tank for them but I don't have enough time to cycle it.how do I set it up quickly!?

Attachments

• image-836674352.jpg
    image-836674352.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 80
you cant set up a tank quickly and have it be completely cycled.... from what I know anyway. But until the fry tank is cycled you could get a fry basket from the pet store. It hangs on the inside of your established tank and should be fine that way.

By the time your tank is cycled, the fry might be big enough to go in with the others, but with Guppies, you'll want it in the future.

Could I just take water from my established tank?

Yes, you can use water from your establish tank. Is that the tank they were born in?

Honestly...I have never had a problem with new tanks. i put water in.. condition it and put the fry in and i have never had any trouble. Always grow healthy... In fact i have never properly cycled a tank and have never had any fish die unless they were ill from the store lol
Only because i had no idea what cycling even was until about a month ago and i have had freshwater fish tanks for 2 years. The first tank i had i set up when i was 13 and i never lost a fish due to water conditions then either.

What size tank do you have for your fry? I have a 1.8 gallon betta tank set up for my fry.. i figure.. by the time they grow out of it they should definitely be big enough for the main tank (20high)
I also have a ten gallon just in case i have more than one fish give birth at the same time

I went to pet o and bought this nice little 1gqllon with an under gravel filteradded gravel from my 10 gallon and water from my 10 gallon

Attachments

• image-2838081115.jpg
    image-2838081115.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 69
  • image-3567494819.jpg
    image-3567494819.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3173044262.jpg
    image-3173044262.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 73
I went to pet o and bought this nice little 1gqllon with an under gravel filteradded gravel from my 10 gallon and water from my 10 gallon

Looks great! Good luck with your little ones and you can post updated pic on my fry lovers thread if you want! Id love to see how they grow! :)

Looks great! Good luck with your little ones and you can post updated pic on my fry lovers thread if you want! Id love to see how they grow! :)

The dad is black and red;mom finally getting color and seems to be yellow and blue..........either these fry are gonna be purple or striped or something cool is all i can say:D

Attachments

• image-505105735.jpg
    image-505105735.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 64
  • image-1466072605.jpg
    image-1466072605.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom