Fungus and eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyektulu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have recently bred my Peppered Corydoras and was pleased with a large batch of about 90 eggs spread across the walls of the tank.
However a few days later they got covered in fungus and I lost most of the fry except for 12, 11 of which have survived.
I am in need of some advice on how to keep fungus at bay when eggs are in the tank. When the fungus started to appear I tried Methaline Blue to no avail.

Thank you.

xxxkyexxx

The fungus is a sign that the eggs were not fertilized. Dosing meds cannot cure that particular malady. Remove any fungused eggs immediately from your tank.

Good advice JC. Once fungus begins to appear it will attack even fertilized eggs. A gentle water current near the eggs will help reduce the spread of fungus as well. This can be done by strategically placing an airstone near the clutch of eggs, :wink:

Thank you for the advice!
I am not sure that the fungus did start to appear on unfertalised eggs. I am pretty sure that unfertalised Corydora eggs are just see through not opaque. Or maybe I just noticed the fungus when it was 2 late and started to spread?
I was very exited and must of checked the eggs about 10 times a day! :D
Next time I will definetly keep a closer eye on the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom