future plans with questions of tank selection for breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sheldon.Winters

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
going to be moving soon so i can only plan but i got big plans for the new place, can't wait. For now playing with rhino and aqadvisor will have to suffice.

plans start with a tall 50 gal and a 29 gal with angles in the 50 and german rams in the 29. maybe if i start with a 50 with a few rams in a community than grow my tanks from there. i also want to get a 90 gal community tank. set up shortly after. planting them all, getting Co2 for the 90 not 100% sure about Co2 in the 29 and 50 because i wana use them to breed eventually but to help get some quick growth early on and i guess it would just be one more thing i would control and can maintain stable... ish.

attachment.php

about a billion aquascape ideas for the 29 and 50 but in the 90 i know i want a lava rock mountain and with a 2 stage sand waterfall and river from the corner. some driftwood and moss trees. lots of open water for a big school of rummy nose tetras and a larger piece of driftwood to keep a pleco from messing up the trees

i want to eventually get a breeding pair of rams and angles in their own tank (rams in 29) and (angles in 50) with some dither fish and try to get them to raise their fry leaving some room in the 90 to grow out some fish even grow out in each others tanks because the use opposite areas of the tank.

this is where I'm unsure, should i keep an angle pair in the 29 and a ram pair in a different 15 or 20 gal. after they have proven to be a stronger pair. and growing both out in the 50 gal or would breeding them in larger tanks (rams in 29, angles in 50) and growing them out within. maybe a shorter tank for the rams tho.

id prob keep a couple fish in the 50 (5 corys, 5 rummynose tetras, and an oto) to keep the tank active and not boring when not in use if i get the pairs in smaller tanks. any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom