Gbr breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far so good, the eggs are in a hob breeding box. There's some white eggs in there but I've seen white eggs every time they lay eggs. I'm hoping i get some fry this time

I believe they are wigglers at this point! They literally look like eggs with tails. I'm super excited and I hope I'm doing this right and they live!

Yay!!! Thats awesome!! You have them on a separate tank right? Can we see some pics?

Yes they are in a 5 gallon at the moment with the same water they were laid in... I'm hoping they make it!! Ill take some pictures!

Glad to hear you're having luck again! I haven't been on much lately. Mine haven't laid eggs since November 20th. They were laying every 4-8 days and then just stopped suddenly after like 4 batches. =( but I hope you have better luck this time!!

Hadn't been on in awhile and was just reading through past posts. It is unfortunate that you lost some rams, it always sucks to lose a fish. I can almost guarantee it was not from planaria as I currently have hydra/planaria in one of my tanks for 6 months now with no ill effects. Those particular GBR's have even bred multiple times since then so I'd look elsewhere for the cause. As for the eggs/wigglers, it is best to either remove the eggs or the parents as more often than not they will get eaten. Those little plastic critter containers work well for the eggs/wigglers with a heater and air flow like was mentioned to help prevent fungus but I still avoid malachite green or methylene blue in favor of hydrogen peroxide as it's less chemicals going in the tank.

Doing good so far!! They have been eating vinegar eels and ground up flakes. There's a ton of them!

One little guy hatch but died the next day, they layed eggs again but eat them all

Yeah that blows. I'm not getting rid of mine but I'm looking for another fish to get into. That experience was alot of work. What other fish do you have?

I have tiger barbs, hatchets, loaches, beta, neon tetras, sword tails, and red cherry shrimp

Do you happen to know how to sex the tiger barbs? I have some too and just curious as to the male/female I have

There's some ways of telling, but it's hard, I've looked it up before but I'm not 100 percent sure of which ones are males or females

Well I posted this on the cichlid section but no one replied. What would you guys recommend? I just bought another 10g tank and my wife told me i should so a cichlids tank, i already have the rams so no rams. What cichlids could i put there? Any ideas? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom