GBRs are attacking Dwarf Gourami.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ice Man

Aquarium Advice Freak
Week ago I bought a pair of GBRs.. Yesterday female laid eggs. Now rams are guarding the nest very fiercely. It is community tank and most fish are smaller than GBRs except for dwarf gourami. Today I noticed that rams attack gourami and chase him all over the tank, not only when he gets close to the nest but all the time, even when DG is hiding between plants rams chase him out and hit him hard and often..
I separated DG to plastic container for now but I don't know what to do I a long run.
Help.

I agree, breeding Dwarf Cichlids will let their true attitude show. Removing the eggs seems mean, but it is really the only option short of getting the Rams their own tank.

Thanks guys! I separated DG in a plastic food container floating in the aquarium. He spent there only 4 hours because rams eat the eggs themselves. Today everything is back to normal.

Etfish said:
You should get a divider there great, you can get whatever fish you like or breed without worrying the eggs will get eaten :)

http://www.aquariumdivider.co.uk/

Etfish :)

Thank you so much! That's great idea! I was going to make net divider but this will be much easier to do.

Back
Top Bottom