German blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

F.Sam

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok guys i bought two german rams two days ago. To my surprise the female has already laid eggs today! I'm actually feeling extremely lucky, but at the same time i don't know what to do with the nest! Here's two pictures (not very clear) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408654030.044257.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408654045.531031.jpg

So the eggs are laying on an anubias barterii leaf! The male is guarding the nest very well! My question is; what to do with the eggs? I would very much like to have baby ramirezi's! :)

I'mso excited

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just see what they do, observe their behavior, most rams are aweful parents, the eggs need to be removed because they will often eat them. If you're seriously considering breeding them? Get a spare 10 gal tank and sponge filter, heater and do some serious research. You'll also need a 5 gal bucket with heater and airstone for perfect wc's..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you! I'm not really planning on breeding them, but just curious to the whole process! So if I were to let them sit in there, the chances of getting baby ramirezi are quite small right? I'm hoping that one of them might survive eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hehe probably not.. anyone I've ever talked to that successfully bred rams removed eggs.m

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom