German blue rams lay eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trinidad neil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys i would like to know how to breed these fish . I have 10 of them in a 120g 6ft. And a pair had already layed eggs yesturday but was eaten up today. I did my research but i would like to ask yall about it . Will dey hatch again? How often? And should i pull out the eggs next time? Tank has black sand to the bottom ,driftwood and some swords and dey made a hole and layed eggs. Any experienced advise is welcomed !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could flat rocks like slate, make caves for them...places easier to protect. They need aeration so adding an airstone next to them is a good idea.

Ok thanks well it has airstone

Move it closer to the where the eggs are laid next time. You'll notice the parents fan with their fins to try and oxygenate the eggs.

And if i extract out the eggs wid a turkey baster and put it in a hatchout tank . Will this be effective? What de advan and disadvan of it?

I have some tanks. But im wondering when would dey lay again

It depends on the individuals really just be ready when they do. Mine laid twice in a week and then two weeks later I got another batch but haven't had any since. I dropped my temp down under28 though

Mines ended up breeding after a 50% wc .... gess they like from cold to hott changes for breeding

Yeah, mine laid but now they haven't laid in weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

At the moment my male chases the female around she has lost abit of color because of it. Today is the first day in a week that she has looked fatter and abit more colour to her so I say give them a week.

Kk im waiting but gona house dem in 2 55g

Back
Top Bottom