Getting rainbows to breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pseudomugil

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want my rainbows to breed but I'm not sure how to do it. I have 16 species but only 3 with both genders. My options would be to breed boesemanis, neon dwarfs, or eastern Australians. I'd prefer to breed the neon dwarfs if it makes a difference.

Definitely following. I'm in the process of switching over my 16g to just forktails and peacock gudgeons, really hoping to get one or both to breed.

neon dwarfs

spawning mop or densely grown java moss to lay eggs
6.5 ph
79-80
well feed
10 ish days to hach

others
mop or moss
7-7.5 ph
well feed
79-80
8-12 days to hatch

my aunt breeds them

With most rainbows, the way you get them to breed is normally using a spawning mop, or java moss

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'll trade you for some of mine. Mine won't stop breeding and it's driving me crazy.

I don't have any breeding mops down, just a heavily planted tank. Their favorite plants in my tank have been my Amazon swords, rotala indica, and Anubias nana. Temperature is at 78 constantly, partial water change every three or four days, and I don't really measure my pH. I think it was 7.3 last I measured but I inject co2 so there may be some fluctuation. My Australians, turquoise, and boesemani are alwaysssss breeding.
Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom