Ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonestarbandit

Aquarium Advice Freak
So pleased! My ghost shrimp larvae had a rough go very few survived but more egg carrying females in the tank. A few have moved from larvae to baby full blown shrimp. They are in my 25 all alone to minimize predation. Unfortunately and I did try my iPhone4s cam won't pick out the larvae and fully formed babies against the gavel.
Any recommendation to maximize their survival such as recommended parameters appreciated. Ty!

jetajockey said:
Biggest thing would be to remove predators and give a plentiful food source. Greenwater algae dosing should help tremendously.

Ty jet I will look into the dosing immediately. Have not been doing that.

Just as a side note * just saw the most amazing ( to me) thing in one of my 55s. One of the glass shrimp in there ( this is not the breeder tank ) swam up to the surface where a Betta and clown loach were hanging out.... Poked at them till they moved and collected one of the Betta pellets I had just fed the Betta with sank back to the bottom and started feasting. I about fell over laughing.

Failure. Seems they starved I'm guessing the larvae. Think I have 2 more egg carrying females left in the breeder tank. So hoping for the best. Yeah they are only 33 cents a piece but would be nice to have my own self replenishing supply for the main tanks.

Back
Top Bottom