ghost shrimp eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
well, i had some funky algea growing in my 5gal and my amano couldent keep up with the growth so i though i would splurge and buy some ghost shrimp(35cents is alot of money you know ;) ) Anyways, i noticed little brownish green round things which i assume are eggs in their two ship's stomach. The stomach is very big and jellyish. they look like these- http://tomatolady.newagrarian.com/photos/2005/mar7shrimp.jpg

anybody have any experiences like this, what do i do to raise babies and such. help please.

(sorry i couldent get i pic of them, my camera is broken)

cant remember if they need special water, but ghost shrimp babies need infursia or really small baby brine shrimp

Yep, sounds like you have eggs! Do you have fish in the tank, or just the shrimp?

Honestly, the probably won't make it. If they do, you are lucky (and they do alot!) I just don't think the extra tank to raise them, the food to feed them, etc. is worth the hassle. That's totally just my opinion though. A lot of people raise shrimp in heavily planted tanks, and don't really do much to help them along besides feed them alot. The plantts keep up on the good water quality and provide nice places to hide.

I have had several ghost shrimp with eggs but none of them ever made it. I noticed that it seemed like the females kept losing the eggs from day to day.

hmm, well, no biggie. The tank is havily planted but i don't really care if babies make it. I was just wondering what to do about this, just decided to do nothing. Thanks for your help everyone, i appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom