Ghost Shrimp Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalzrok2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my prego ghost shrimp gave birth and now i see the tiny little larva someone please help i dont want them to die!

Make sure the filter doesn't suck them up. You need food small enough for them to grab

What are there tankmates? If there is fish they will probably eat them. Do you have anything to isolate them in?

no fish, only 2 ghosts, 2 cherries and a few pond snails. i have algae pellets i feed them and am putting in a sponge filter today but up until then once my shrimp gave birth i turned off the filter.

I suggest isolating the fry! It might be too late for you, but the shrimp could eat their own fry!

The extremely hard part about beading ghost shrimp is that the babies go through a larval stage, which is really hard to get them through, partly cause there so small, and it's really difficult to feed them because of their size.

have lots of algae. hope they like it :) also Nu-Nu the eel- i didn't know she was ready to drop but now i do so ill put her in a net when she looks like that again:)

Hahaha ya u can see the eggs and one they get larger and seem like they are just abt to come out u put them in a net with java moss and they will eat the moss, then take out the adult shrimp and ur good :)

Back
Top Bottom