Ghost shrimp pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonker

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got four the other day, they made a nice home under my fake log inside the tank.

Last night I was watching them, and one has a bunch of little greenish colored things under it's belly, by the swimmerettes or whatever tey are called.

Are these eggs or babies or what? I have tried searching the internet for pictures, but I found nothing that was really clear.

Madasafish has a thread going about shrimp eggs - his are amanos.

I have had ghost shrimp carry eggs but never managed to see any babies. Good luck!

You have to add salt to the tank for the eggs to actually become shrimp, just like amanos. However the ghost shrimp babies are so small that and type of filtration will suck them up and kill them and they are extremely difficult to feed when they are babies. You would require special equipment to raise the babies.

I have about 18 ghost shrimp in my ten gallon and at least 2 have eggs at all times. I have to keep replacing them though because of my spotted rapheal catfish.

You have to add salt to the tank for the eggs to actually become shrimp, just like amanos. However the ghost shrimp babies are so small that and type of filtration will suck them up and kill them and they are extremely difficult to feed when they are babies. You would require special equipment to raise the babies.

I have about 18 ghost shrimp in my ten gallon and at least 2 have eggs at all times. I have to keep replacing them though because of my spotted rapheal catfish.

Back
Top Bottom