Giant Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chaik

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know what it looks like full of eggs. I definitely know it is a female but can't tell if it's just fat.

Does anyone know what it looks like full of eggs. I definitely know it is a female but can't tell if it's just fat.

The only time this will become important is if you are going to breed them or the fish has stopped pooping. If the fish stops defecating then it is blocked up and you will see the fish never return to a "post poop" slenderness. If it is full of eggs, unless there is a male in there, it will just keep the eggs inside her. You need to do nothing about it. ;) (If the fish is swimming normally and you see a change in girth during the day, it's probably just eggs and food.)

Hope this helps (y)

Thank you there are males but if they spawn the eggs will be eaten thanks for the info

Thank you there are males but if they spawn the eggs will be eaten thanks for the info

If you want to try to save some eggs and you have a separate long tank, let me know. I can walk you through the process of breeding them. I used to breed them commercially ;)

Thank you if I happen to catch them breeding ill take you up on that offer

Thank you if I happen to catch them breeding ill take you up on that offer

Sorry, but if you catch them breeding, it will be too late. To save Danio eggs, you need to deliberately breed them and set up a breeding tank to catch the eggs. It's not for everyone so no worries. ;)

Hope I answered you main concerns (y)

Back
Top Bottom