glass catfish breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liam61097

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my glass catfish has eggs in a silvery sack up by it's head and I need tips on how I can try to breed them

I am sure cus the glass catfish has the same colored and shaped eggs as other catfish species and even some barb species that I have read about, plus the egg bearing one of my glass catfish is bloated, maybe they have some of the same methods of breeding as other catfish and/or barbs what do you think?

Its extremely difficult because you would have to mimick the enviroment they usually produce in I know you have to do water fluctuations bexause they produce when there are floods and in order to achieve is really hard there hasn't been much talk about them breeding in captivity

I have a school of glass cats and I've never had anything like that happen. I've heard they are really difficult if not impossible to breed in captivity, so congratulations! I'd love to see some pictures if you could get any!

sorry about the slow response I was having some trouble with an ich outbreak in my platy breeding aquariums, and I'll try to get pictures I've been seeing if I can breed them for a year now and I hope this will work, they move around a lot so I'll try and I have twenty of them in a 120G and only one is pregnant with eggs, so I'll try to move it to my 16G miny show tank so I can get a better shot they may be see through but many are hard to see through in groups lol

Back
Top Bottom