Glofish color variations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kunyea

Aquarium Advice Newbie
SN: I already know the legal jumbo about them . I keep all my babies to myslef:cool:

Has any one experienced different color shades then the normal red,orange,green, and now blue? I'll post pics soon but out of the reds i got a really bright hot pinkish looking one a light pink and the red with gold stripes. I remember the myth that the glofish only breed true with the same color. Its true AND false. Its true with the red they can only breed among themselfs or i get albino fry. I found that the green and orange can spawn. I got some fry that look only orange which is odd as i have no orange male. then i got a few MIXED colored ones. its nothing major but when under a black light you can clearly see green on his tail and spine and orange everywhere else.I noticed though the mixed color ones had odd round dome shaped heads lol. I also am sure i have yellow as its not orange or green lol . ( my tank only had at the start 3 red (1 male 2 female) 3 green(2 males 1 female) and 2 orange (2 females))
Also as anyone ever seen the green type in the wild form?

glofish dont have a wild form,there modified zebra danios,though tjey were released into the wild. pics please:)

Interestingly, my red and green ones have produced at least one with mixed colors. Take a look at the bottom fry:

dsc00146uy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom