Good tank size for breeding higher grade shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking to start breeding and selling locally and I figure shrimp are a good way to start since they're relatively easy to breed, low bioload, and fun to watch either way :)

I'm thinking of breeding CBS, CRS, RCS, and orange Sakura. Would a 10 gallon be sufficient? I have an extra 5 gallon but it's been exposed to copper so the seams would probably leach it.

I'm looking to start breeding and selling locally and I figure shrimp are a good way to start since they're relatively easy to breed, low bioload, and fun to watch either way :) I'm thinking of breeding CBS, CRS, RCS, and orange Sakura. Would a 10 gallon be sufficient? I have an extra 5 gallon but it's been exposed to copper so the seams would probably leach it.

From what I understand the species will need to be kept separate. Perhaps dividers my work in the 10g. When and if the shrimp interbreed it may reverse the intense coloring that has been bred in. The look like their natural relatives, clear or brown. But if you used and sealed dividers in the tank... It could work.

Yeah, I was thinking of just getting s+ grade CRS as they sell for pretty decent prices and breed easily. I'm guessing a 10 gallon would be perfect as I'd have a constant flow of in and out every month and I might set up a second 10 gallon for a different species.

Back
Top Bottom