Gpuuy pregnacy help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msweitzer24

Aquarium Advice Regular
My guppy in my community tank is pregnat and i bought her pregnat. The top of her stomach is statting to turn silver and she is alittle less active. When is a good time to put her in the breeder net.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1423135785846.jpg
    1423135785846.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 86
Do some research on symptoms of labor. She looks ready though. Maybe put her in there for 6-12 hours or so and see what happens. And give her some privacy as well lol

One thing i dont recommend is the breeder net. Put her in a srparte tank or somthing.

What is the problems with the breeder net. For the other tank idea, i only have a tubeware thing but i dont have a heater and my house gets to 67 ish overnighy

It stresses them too much. How many other guppies are in the tank?
Add lots of hiding places and ploating fake plants or real ones

Here's what I did since I don't have a breeder net or anything like that.

Materials- large fish net, neddlepoint/craft mesh (with large enough holes for fry to get through)

1. Bend the handle of the net so it hangs ovet the rim into the tank

2. Cut the mesh to fit the opening in the net

3. Put the mesh over the opening

This way, fry can swim in and out but parents can't, so the babies don't get eaten. Tell me if you think this is a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone

Ya. Overall that sounds good. She is going to give birth in the next 4 days so im going to try the breeder net.

Back
Top Bottom