Guppies!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I noticed she still has fry in her as I can see the eyes-but she hasn't had any more births since two days ago-is this possible/normal?

I think it is normal, because they always have a gravid spot. Does she still look big? The gravid spot is unfertilized eggs, and when they get fertilized it will look darker and darker until the fry are born.

I'm so sorry about your guppy, D_Tristan22! My guppy died this morning too. RIP Guppies.:bawl::sorry::hugs::cry:

Awh. I'm sorry for your guys loss

I only have one female left and I swear she looks pumplier everyday.

she's living with 2 makes right now. I hope she doesn't stress too much

Love the bag over the filter. Honestly never seen or heard about that before, just the sponge in the intake. Congrats on the fry!

Yeah more females is a must. I'd suggest 3-5 more than the one you have. Some males are relentless! I had a male and 2 females and one died and the other one died 3 days later.

Oh yeah I know.
I had 4 females and everyday one kept dying :/ now I just have one and also one male died as well.
Idk what was going on. My water was in good shape also.

Update:
My guppy is about almost due. (First timer)

She lives with 2 other guppys
3 dwarf gourami
3 kuhli loaches
2 angels

When she has the babies can I leave them in the tank or should i not? I won't be able to get another tank due to no space and budget. I want to save a few fry. I have plants but it's not exactly heavily planted..

Any suggestions?

This is my first batch and I'm more nervous then she is I think ?. Ha ?

Okay. Well I purchased a breeder box or breeder net? I'm not sure but there's a net around a cube like structure.

Should I put my female in there before giving birth?
Or should u wait till she gives birth?
I don't want to stress her but I can't always be watching her.
I really don't know when she will give birth. I keep thinking it'll be today or if not the next day.

I'm so anxious ?

Okay.

Should I put the female in there when's she's about to have the fry or wait till they are born?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393899955.081492.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393899972.484107.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393899987.860403.jpg

This is her does she still have a long time? She's been pregnant for about a month now

I'm no expert but I started out with 3 females and one male in a 40 gallon tank and had them for a month and one female gave birth on February 15th then the other female gave birth the day after and then the other one gave birth the next day so within 3 days I went from 4
fish to now I have around 80 fry in a 10 gallon tank now all 3 of my females are about to pop again so I will have more fry!!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394003200.563662.jpg

Update: she's usually now on her own. Should I put her in the breeder net yet?

Back
Top Bottom