Guppies!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D_Tristan22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think my guppies are pregnant because they both have the dark spot near there anal.

Is that correct?

Honestly I got her from the pet store not too long ago and the day I got her it wasn't there till the next so I'm not sure if it's coloring or her gravid

Looks like it may be coloring. But the gravid spot you should be able to tell :) looks bruised almost.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390411286.482667.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390411300.098204.jpg

I tried taking better pictures of both of them. Hope you can tell

OK that's a bit better. So it looks like you may have some preggers. Also, as the spot gets bigger, you can probably make out the fry eyes. I had a female that was giving birth and I could see the fry in her. Spooky

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They look gravid. Were they in a tank with males? If yes, then they are definitely gravid.

At the pet store they were apart. But who knows maybe before they were actually together

Sadly one of my guppies who was pregnant died this morning.:(
I'm not sure why. I tested my water and everything was fine as in 0 ammonia and nitrite and 20 nitrates.

Hope my other female makes it..

I am new to having fish and got a beautiful pair of guppies last Thursday. Lady at the store gave me a pregnant female that gave birth two days ago-so exciting! First pic is her on Monday. Second pic is the fry (she had 26).
I put her in a small little breeding tank on the side to let her rest for a week before I try mating her again, but I noticed she still has fry in her as I can see the eyes-but she hasn't had any more births since two days ago-is this possible/normal? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390559861.871799.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390559604.103301.jpg

Back
Top Bottom