Guppies and Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ldarby1973

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395113608.359428.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395113662.906572.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395113920.116507.jpg

I have these 2 guppies and 1 platy that I am pretty sure are pregnant. Was just wondering if anybody could tell me about how much longer before they have babies.

First guppy-week. Second guppy 2 weeks maybe a day or so more. Platy you got a while. When the front of their chest gets square looking you typically have 1-4 days.

Hello Idar...

Livebearing females can hold their fry until water conditions are right. Large, frequent water changes are important. Floating stem plants will help the females feel more secure. A teaspoon of standard aquarium salt added to every 5 gallons of the new, treated tap water is also helpful. You may just need to prepare the tank a bit. You'll be rewarded with new fry.

B

Well my guppy had her babies today. We got 53 so far. Was just wondering how old they had to be before I can start telling whether or not they are male or female and when would they get there color.

Back
Top Bottom