Guppies Not Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a Liquid Substance which says that i can put fish in tank as soon as the Subtance goes in

Mumma.of.two said:
Yes, if it was set up at Christmas it won't be cycled. It takes 4-8 weeks to cycle a tank.

I know, I was just wondering what they think cycling is. They could have gotten filter media from a friend or family member even though I highly doubt it.

GuppyLover said:
I know, I was just wondering what they think cycling is. They could have gotten filter media from a friend or family member even though I highly doubt it.

I wasn't questioning you I was agreeing! :D and adding some info.

Davies97 said:
I bought a Liquid Substance which says that i can put fish in tank as soon as the Subtance goes in

Sounds dodgy....but if it works for you that's good. I would do partial water changes just to be sure. Good luck to you with your new fishies!

Davies97 said:

Most of those 'substances' don't do squat unfortunately. You really need to get your water tested with a liquid test kit and find out the numbers.

Mumma.of.two said:
Most of those 'substances' don't do squat unfortunately. You really need to get your water tested with a liquid test kit and find out the numbers.

Put in subtance 48 hours later LPS tested water "Perfect" he said. Bought 16 Fish same day. A week later all Fish are still alive apart from 1 which died beacuse he had a crooked back before i put him in the tank

Davies97 said:
Put in subtance 48 hours later LPS tested water "Perfect" he said. Bought 16 Fish same day. A week later all Fish are still alive apart from 1 which died beacuse he had a crooked back before i put him in the tank

The water was 'perfect' because there was not ammonia in the tank yet (no fish). Please get your water tested again with a liquid test and find out the numbers. Please read the guides linked. We are not trying to pick on you or prove you wrong we just want to help you. :)

Mumma.of.two said:
The water was 'perfect' because there was not ammonia in the tank yet (no fish). Please get your water tested again with a liquid test and find out the numbers. Please read the guides linked. We are not trying to pick on you or prove you wrong we just want to help you. :)

Ammonia was in the Subtance that the same guy recommend me that tested my water

Hello do you have a test kit, I lost so many guppies because I wasn't aware of the need to monitor the water. I have honestly found that the LFS are not the most reliable. Good luck with yr fry!

Hey, as I said we are just trying to help. You tank IS CYCLING. Your fish are most likely swimming in high ammonia. I see you have a bacteria bloom. That's another sign it is cycling. You can choose to follow advise if you wish. That is entirely up to you. Just read the guide and you WILL understand what we mean.

My Tank is not cloudy now and i knew it was bacterial bloom which yes is part of cycling the tank but the fish are pefectly fine and if they die they die

That's not really something you want to be saying on a site full of passionate people. No fish should be left to suffer and die from ammonia poisoning. What we are trying to tell you is a tank CAN be cycled with fish in it WITHOUT harming the fish.

I know my tank isnt harming my fish they are swimming around now perfectly fine their having a great time its better than at the store where they couldnt swim without touching another fish because there was so many in one tank

Back
Top Bottom