Guppy about to drop fry after 2 weeks? [photos]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KimmiA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting, but I've been visiting from quite some time, and I hope your friendly advice can help me out on my little dilemma.

Anyway, I have a female guppy who dropped fry 2 weeks ago. For the past two days, I've noticed that she looks like she's about to drop fry again. Her gravid spot is dark, she has a boxy look in her stomach, bent back, and she's being aggressive towards her tank mates. I am not sure if she's about to drop because like I said, she just dropped 2 weeks ago, and it takes around 4 weeks for another drop, right?

I have two tanks: 1 5g for my fry and a 10g where I have 2 males and 3 females.

Her stomach isn't as big as it was on the first drop, and that's why I'm apprehensive to put her in the nursery tank for fear that she will have a nice little snack on another generation of fry that are in there (and less than a week old). I don't believe in breeder boxes, so I'm torn between leaving her in the "adult tank" or transferring her to the nursery tank where there are a lot more hiding spaces for potential new fry to hide.

Can you please look at my pictures and help me decide what to do? Thanks!

Attachments

• guppy1.jpg
    guppy1.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 70
  • guppy2.jpg
    guppy2.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 70
  • guppy3.jpg
    guppy3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom