guppy babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
my guppies are having babies right now there are only like 3 in the tank... by the time i figured it out i put her in the net... i havent seen any come out but theres babies for sure...

they arent being eaten so thats a good thing

Congrats on the little ones! Make sure that you have a sponge on your filter intake or you'll loose them. You can keep them in with the parents so long as you have lots of hiding places for them. Mine are really good at staying really still and close to the caves so the adults can't see them. Its really neat watching them grow up and slowly get their colorings.
Good luck and get some pics up soon!

Way to go Krap. :) You went back to starting breeding the right way. Raise a few broods with high success rates, then maybe consider another challenge. Maybe stepping up to a little bit more difficult live-bearer.

So what's the plan for the little ones? Feeder fish? Letting them grow to adults in the tank?

i have no idea they were kinda meant for my puffers to make em a lil happier since they were pretty small... are feeder fksh pretty much baby guppies?? their a really cool color... so yeah i am going to grow em up :) hope they have size of guppies but keep their awesome colors!!! how many fry are they suppose to have i think i have around like 7-8 right now.. their sooo cute...

edit: oh yeah i think im gonna try and raise em ya kno the feeling when you know you didnt do much but it feels like you accomplished something 8P

any suggestions for em??

i got confused with the feeder fish i bought the nmother day i bought 6 but she gave me 8 and their so cool they have a like neon blue purp and pink on their sides and look like tetras

I would think they are just feeder guppies. This is what your fancies will look like eventually if you don't keep selectively breeding out their fancy traits.

It amazes me that Guppies can have up to 6 batches of fry over a period of time from one mating session. Maybee this is common knowledge but when my friend told me this I thought he was off his rocker until one of mine did it.

Roger can you expand on the selective breeding topic. I am new to guppies and I am interested in breeding some of my fancy guppies. ie. Are you looking for fish that are from different gene pools or just looking for colourful fish. It seems that these guppies put the old rabbits to shame. If the female gives multiple batches them how do know when to put them together? (Sorry for all the questions)

Back
Top Bottom