Guppy breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking of getting guppies, how do you take care of the fry and breed these fish?

I'm thinking of getting guppies, how do you take care of the fry and breed these fish?

As long as you get male and female, they will breed. More than likely, that your female will be pregnant when you get her. I feed my fry Hikari first bites. If you can't get them or other fry food, finely crushed flake food will work.

As long as you get male and female, they will breed. More than likely, that your female will be pregnant when you get her. I feed my fry Hikari first bites. If you can't get them or other fry food, finely crushed flake food will work.

But how do I take care of the fry? I was thinking 2. Females, 1 male.

But how do I take care of the fry? I was thinking 2. Females, 1 male.

With fry, I do a 50% wc daily. I keep my fry in a 3 gallon fry tank. Basically, just make sure the water is super clean and feed them. They are very easy to raise, in my opinion.

Breeding Guppies

Hello Fish...

Go to the LFS and get half a dozen of the healthiest, largest females and bring them home to a large, well planted tank with a lot of Anubias, Java fern, Cryptocoryne, Singapore moss, Anacharis and Pennywort. You don't ever need to spend money on males. You'll have plenty when the females start dropping fry. 99.9 percent of the females from the LFS are pregnant when they get to the pet store.

Change half the tank water every week and feed a good diet of frozen foods and you'll have more than enough healthy, colorful Fancy Guppies.

I started this way about 7 years ago and I have six large tanks and 100s of Guppies of all colors, tale shapes and sizes.

B

Guppies are what i started out with. They are very easy to breed.. simply have at least one male and one fwmale and you will soon have fry.. you can either set up a second small tank for the fry until they get big enough to go into the communitt oe you could simply leave them in a breeder till they outgrow it... better to have a separate tank. The food thwy at creates alot of algae so you will need snails or some kind of efficient bottom feeder. My favorite fry food is the Hikari First bites..along with some crusshed adult flakes. You can also go to the pet store and buy baby brine shrimp. I like to gice my fry a variety. I sometimes hard boil an egg and givw them the yolk.. you mush crush the yolk and add water to make it safe otherwise they will choke on the powder.

Oh also.. for the fry tanl you must keep it very clean i would suggest 50 percent water changes daily or at least every other day if you lose the timE. The cleaner the tank the happier they are... also it helps with growth. Make sure you do not release the fry into the tank with the adults until they are too big to be eaten. I usually wait til they are at least 1 cm ( 1/2 inch) usually takes my fry a month to a month 1/2

Back
Top Bottom