Guppy Breeding Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmmm dunno if I'll pay that much, I could pack him in a box and put lots of bubble wrap with him! And this is only if the babies are born Sunday at 8:35! ^^

If they were born exactly 8.35 I would be less concerned on how you would post and more concerned in how freaky that guess was!

This is black out and zebra what you guys think and around how old do you think they are?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120309_211259.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120309_211259.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 114
  • ForumRunner_20120309_211324.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120309_211324.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 103
The black one looks close to popping out babies! Like next to a few days from popping, but might be sooner! ^^

New set up wanted more room for my fry I have water going to both nets

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120309_211654.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120309_211654.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 76
  • ForumRunner_20120309_211719.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120309_211719.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 86
Black out has looked like this for a long time she still hasnt popped

I think I will look with a magnifier to see if I can see the fry inside

I can see the babies with the naked eye and mine haven't popped yet, so if you need a magnifying glass I guess that she has awhile longer ^w^

Aron said:
Nice male there, very close to being full Moscow red, the type I am trying very hard to getting my hands on at the minute!

Thank you Aron she still hasn't popped. There a few of those male up in a few fish shops near leeds, i bought him as a flamingo guppy.

Have you had a female in there, they look like egg sacks that can sometimes be spat out during a guppy giving birth between spitting out fry

Yeah there was two in there (I put a divider in it) because I had the darker one in there cuz she's gonna pop soon, but then my clear female started squaring off too, so I put her in there, but then I saw the yellow things on the clear females side an I took her out cuz I thought that putting her in the box scared her, but she's still looking preggo, so I don't think she aborted the babies, but there arent any babies yet. Should I put my clear one back in the box?

Hey everyone I have a problem.... So today I looked very close on my 2 week old fry( the ones from my purple tail) and a couple have bent spines.... What should I do with the ones that have bad spines? (I personally won't be breeding the ones with the bad spines)

Artist said:
Hey everyone I have a problem.... So today I looked very close on my 2 week old fry( the ones from my purple tail) and a couple have bent spines.... What should I do with the ones that have bad spines? (I personally won't be breeding the ones with the bad spines)

Some people choose to cull them or find them good homes... How many of them are there?

Best way to put a fish down is put it in a glass of water and then put it in freezer. Sends them to sleep permanently and they feel no pain

I only had one and I put him in with my goldfish (3inch long not my 6 inch ones) and with in 5secs the fry was gone

Goldfish also eat pond snails just a tip to help some people

Artist said:

That is a genetic defect found from inbreeding, because stores often inbreed guppies in order to keep specific color strains. You have 2 choices: 1) find the fry a new home where they won't ever breed (this keeping the defect out of future generations genes) or 2) put the fry with the defect into a glass and put the glass in the freezer (the cold will make the fry sleep insinctfully, and they'll die in their sleep from the coldness, thus no pain) the choice is yours and no one else's, because the guppies won't decide for themselves. Just keep the healthy ones with UN-bent spines, because that means that the genetic defect was over come by dominant genes, or that the genes for the UN-bent spine isn't in their DNA. I know it's a horrible choice to make, but some times the ones with bent spines will suffer, and other times they won't, it depends on how bent their spines get. I'm sorry you have to make that choice! (if you decide to let the fry die, you can always feed them to the other fish, except cut up, as it is a good source of protein, I'm not trying to be mean or evil or anything, just trying to tell you every option that I know of) if you do decide to keep the babies, DO NOT under any circumstances AT ALL let them breed! That will only put the defect into more genes of more babies and more of them will suffer from the defect!

I just read your thing saying to put her back, but she's already slimmed out :( but here's the thing that bothers me: you know those little yellow egg sacs? They're all gone, and it's impossible for any of the fish to have gotten to them and eaten them, so, what did I miss?

They would have slowly moved to the sides of your breeder box due to the flow and then the fish on the outside of the box in your tank can actually pick at the box and suck the eggs out! I once watched a Siamese fighter suck through a whole batch of fry, was not a nice sight!

Back
Top Bottom