Guppy Breeding Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be using that list! The babies aren't here yet, I'll be checking when I get home to see if they've been born while I was away ^^

Approximate growth rates of the Guppy.

Please keep in mind that this will vary according to care (especially feeding), and genetics. However, I have included this for general reference. Please note that females may grow much larger than the males.

Male Body length not including tails.

New born: 6 mm about 1/4inch
One Week: 7 mm
Two Weeks: 1 cm
One month: 1.5 cm about 10/16 inch
Two months: 2 cm
Three months: 2.5 cm about an inch
Six months: 3 - 3.3 cm
Full grown: 3.5 - 4 cm

Everyone's favorite game.

When is she do?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120312_223826.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120312_223826.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 99
  • ForumRunner_20120312_223853.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120312_223853.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 99
Also I have a question. Is it normal for a guppy male to only chase and fellow one female? (there is 3 other females in the take with him) Ratio 1m: 4f

Artist! Your guppy looks just like mine! I think maybe a week for yours, more or less, but it's hard to say and alot deals with how much you feed her ^^

Artist said:
Alright do you know if red is dominant? And also I would love to see the lime green guppy do you have any pics?

Update I was looking at her this morning and she doesnt look as squared off as she did last night but her gravid spot is still very very dark and I do not see any new fry in my take.

Tried to get a pic for you but right after water change and he was so active... I think u can get the gist though!?

Wow that is very very pretty do you breed him? Or is he just chilling in a tank?

Well now he is in my main tank where I move the best of my guppies. It is really a planted show tank I just love the look of colourful and pretty examples of guppies swimming amongst the plants. There are females in there so he may breed but the one I have singled out for breeding in my other tank is my light blue lyre tail, my favourite!

image-1553631990.jpg

So far I have babies from him but not as nice, here's what they look like, ignore the swordtail!

image-1426849027.jpg

I'm hoping that my babies will be really pretty! Would it be bad to breed a pretty baby female with the father or vice versa just once or twice? I don't want to cause in breeding defects, but I want to keep some of the prettier strains, would I be going too far to do so?

You can in breed around six times before hitting problems if I remember correctly!?

Sorry double post, any way to delete?

I've been just holding plants in my breeder box, so it's all set up for when Noir decides to have her babies, and so that the other fish are used to it bein in there ^^

Summer is coming and I want to put some tubs outside with fish in them.

Does anyone know where you can buy the cheapest tubs to put fish in?
(Price, size and where)

There are no clear ones, just various solid colors. I got some from home depot also but they cost a few dollars more. They all held up well over the summer. Google 20 gallon utility tubs, they are the ones with the small rope handles.

Maybe if you search on eBay or Craigslist you'll find clear ones? (possibly cheaper?) ^^

Back
Top Bottom