Guppy Breeding Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never fed micro worms to anything, but I hear it has high protein and is a great thing to feed any fry ^^

Oh I think I might use that! Imma start a thread for it right now! ^^

JetaJockey how do you feed your fry do you Just rub your finger on the inside of the microworm tub?

How many times a day do you feed microworms?

Great! I think I might use a mix of the two, so they have a nice variety ata young age :)

I put a some microworms with some crushed flakes when I feed

I put up a thread asking about culturing food for my fish, but so far no one has replied. I think I'll put a post on it so it's put up at the top of the list again. Anyone on here who might follow me? (so I don't steal OPs thread)

I hear that the better the food you give the fry the faster they grow, I hear that they get their color faster, is that true for you in your expirence?

For me my fry are about 3 weeks old and they are have come black on them but no other colors yet and they are around 1/2~3/4inch

I heard that black coloring comes before the rest of the coloring somewhere, I guess it's true ^^

LOG: Update- Did a rough count today on how many fry I'm up. The number is around 60 ages ranging from 3 weeks- few hours. This was only from 3 of my females. Would just like to say they look adorable. I moved 4f 1m that was in my QT tank into a 10g today. This tank is a "red" guppy tank I have 4 females with red or yellow tails in here with a bright red/ pink male.

So now I have 8 tanks set up and running- aquaponic filter running on 4 and working great so most likely will add more.

But I do have some bad news one of my 6inch goldfish seems sick I checked the tank and it is 70F Amm- 0 Ni-0 Na-20 and PH-8 but he was a feeder goldfish i got a month ago. Yes a feeder that was 6inches- I dont know what you would feed such a big goldfish too but they were selling them for 69cent So I got two. the other fish looks fine and is acting fine.

Question: Can guppies eat Duckweed? Can fry eat it(like the roots)?

I've never heard of fry or goldfish eating roots, though they do like hiding in it. They usually only eat what they can fit in their mouths, so if you wanted to try cutting it up or something, but that seems like more trouble than it's worth. They might not even eat it actually, even cut up. If you really want to feed them live anything, you should probly culture them some food. I'm going to start culturing food, some worm probly, so I'll keep you updated. ^^

I culture microworms and goldfish are like trash cans they eat anything. I have seen mine eat the plastic plants.... He had it down for a min or two then throw it up... But they love snails I feed pond snails to them all the time. I have trained one to come up and eat out of my hand.

My large guppies eat pond snails too but you have to smash them first. The guppy fry will eat pond snails too "if they are smashed".

Could it be possible that you PM me step by step info on how to culture micro worms, feed them to my fry, and how I can get them in the first place? I'm hopin I can have some grown before my guppy pops ^^

Catching fry tips:$

Get a small net around 1-2 inchs (around $1-2)
bend it at the net so it has about a 45 degree on it

Scoop up the fry from under them. Its hard at first but once you do it couple times you will see how much faster you can catch them. (works on bigger fish as well)

Back
Top Bottom