Guppy Breeding Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting a free 10g tank. I decided to use it to breed guppies. My guppies are staying in my 20g until I get the tank and get a filter. I am going to use hang on breeder boxes to separate different strains. I have random colored tie-dyes, yellow cobras, and light blue cobras. I have floating traps that I will use to save fry. I will get some pictures once I get the tank. I am mostly breeding them to sell and to experiment with colors.

I am getting a free 10g tank. I decided to use it to breed guppies. My guppies are staying in my 20g until I get the tank and get a filter. I am going to use hang on breeder boxes to separate different strains. I have random colored tie-dyes, yellow cobras, and light blue cobras. I have floating traps that I will use to save fry. I will get some pictures once I get the tank. I am mostly breeding them to sell and to experiment with colors.
Sounds awesome. Guppies especially are great at breeding, and are hard to stop. ;) I wish you luck! (Not that you'll need it)

phoenixkiller said:
Sounds awesome. Guppies especially are great at breeding, and are hard to stop. ;) I wish you luck! (Not that you'll need it)

Thanks. LOL. I'm going to get some pictures of the guppies today. I don't have the 10g yet, though.

They'll be fine in the 10 gallon tank. As for seperating strains that may be the challenge. Especially since they may not be pregnant by the male you want. Best thing to do is see what strains come out and seperate in due time. You may have up to a year as guppies can hold sperm. So you may have some time until you can selectively breed

They'll be fine in the 10 gallon tank. As for seperating strains that may be the challenge. Especially since they may not be pregnant by the male you want. Best thing to do is see what strains come out and seperate in due time. You may have up to a year as guppies can hold sperm. So you may have some time until you can selectively breed
I know my stuff about guppies, I have had them before. I was planning on using hang on breeder boxes to separate strains. I will have 3 hang on boxes total that each have 3 compartments. I will also have some extra space in my 10 and 20 gallons. I think it will be no problem separating them.

I recorded a video of all the different types, and am uploading it now. I'll link it once it's done.

I never said you didn't know :grin: I'm still waiting for my platy fry to grow and show color, it's killin me lol!

Chronos313 said:
I never said you didn't know :grin: I'm still waiting for my platy fry to grow and show color, it's killin me lol!

That's my least favorite part... Waiting for the fry to grow up and get color. Haha.

Ya I know most will be twin bars but I have one fry that showed up in my other tank and I don't know how old it is or where it came from. I'm hoping it's a red wag tail. I also have a pregnant guppy so I'm gonna be busy!

And the guppy was a rescue so I have no idea what color male did the dirty with her lol

who cool my female lookes like the one u got (at the begginging i didnt see the whole thing)

I am still waiting on that tank... :( I plan to have a lot with when fry were born and which strains they came from. It will be fun. :)

Back
Top Bottom