Guppy due date

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bf92sy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi can anyone tell me when these Guppys will give birth?

I feel like it's a race against time to get my fry tank ready!

Attachments

• image-3720786690.jpg
    image-3720786690.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3709608241.jpg
    image-3709608241.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3771371652.jpg
    image-3771371652.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 70
not sure. but when it starts not acting its self id put it in the breeding trap if you have one.

but i would NOT leave it in there very long or it may feel stressed

I have left mine in the breeder until they drop... Which was once like ten days. That was before I knew it could stress them, but everything still went fine

Probably pretty soon. Thy don't look boxy yet, buy they are pretty big. Once you see the boxy look you can expect babies within the next few days to a week

She dropped in the breeder box yesterday. Only had 10 babies but all are fine. The babies are still in the box but mums back in the big tank. Just waiting for my sand to settle in my nursery tank then ill move them.

I hate using sand as substrate! Was rinsing it for ages and the water is still bloody cloudy lol :)

She dropped in the breeder box yesterday. Only had 10 babies but all are fine. The babies are still in the box but mums back in the big tank. Just waiting for my sand to settle in my nursery tank then ill move them.

I hate using sand as substrate! Was rinsing it for ages and the water is still bloody cloudy lol :)

Put it in a 2 liter bottle, let water get in the bottle, pour sand out.

is wait until the babies are big enough that the other fish cannot eat them! because they will et them

Yeah I'm planning on keeping them in the fry tank for a good few months. This is my first batch of babies so I'm hoping it all goes well. My friends have claimed them already lol

Never tried the bottle! Good idea. Was just using a plain old bucket lol

Cool! Yeah. I would move them to another tank or keep them in the breeder

Back
Top Bottom