Guppy fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look for a black spot near her tail. Their bodies are always that shape but they have a black spot that gets darker the closer they are to giving birth.

i'd say nope she fat and healthy but not pregneant.

if she's pregnant, she's weeks away from dropping fry. when they are close they will look box-shaped.

What other fish are in the tank? From the images I see a few other species. The fry wont stand a chance with a large community like that.

I have a breading box and a smaller tank if I have to take her out but I don't see a gravida spot

I have a breading box and a smaller tank if I have to take her out but I don't see a gravida spot

This is the gravid spot. It's there when the fish is pregnant AND when she isn't. It does get darker as the fish gets closer to giving birth though. If she is pregnant, she doesn't look that far to me. Are there any males in the tank? If there are, she probably is pregnant, and of she isn't she will be soon!

Attachments

• image-3937773918.jpg
    image-3937773918.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 52
Blonde guppy's gravid spots often don't get dark,and stay orange.Your guppy could be pregnant,but it depend on the factors.Do you have male guppies in your tank?Did you get the guppy from a fish store that doesn't seperate males and females?

Back
Top Bottom