Guppy Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny32561

Aquarium Advice Activist
So how close is she to giving birth?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440615734.251726.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Female

Sorry I didn't elaborate but she is months old and i noticed this about a month ago

Thank You! :)

So how close is she to giving birth?View attachment 277057

It's a defined egg area, the picture is quite pixelated to see with detail. When they are a few days away you can see the fry's eyes. When you see her slowing down and resting on a plant or the substrate your hours away.

Also she probably won't have many her first few times she gives birth and because she is small. Good luck with your babies!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

UPDATE. omg omg omg omg omg omg omg I see a tiny fry!!!!!! Mom has given birth to one so far I was watching it too!!!

UPDATE. omg omg omg omg omg omg omg I see a tiny fry!!!!!! Mom has given birth to one so far I was watching it too!!!

Yay! If you want to keep it, you should probably move it to a separate tank so it doesn't get eaten.

I have tons of hornwort it'll be ok for one night plus my lfs closes at nine and I noticed it ten mins ago

I don't separate my adults and fry, too lazy. I do however have a TON of plant cover.

I raise mine seperate, but I can't get all of the fry out of the tank, so a few grow up in my main tank, plant cover really helps me out.

Update: I JUST FOUND TWO MORE YAY!! But I need another tank now

If you get a lot of plants they will be ok with the parents.feed the fry several times a day for good growth.

Back
Top Bottom