Guppy Fry - Day 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JacobThomson

Aquarium Advice Freak
All 13 fry still alive, swimming about looking healthy. All have grown. I have started feeding them 3 times a day on ground flakes, I've ordered some BBS which should be here in the next couple days so I'm really hoping this will boost their growth! All of them seem to be enjoying the flakes however I know this isn't ideal for fry.

Attachments

• image-366031567.jpg
    image-366031567.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 77
  • image-766719172.jpg
    image-766719172.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 82
It would be best to keep your updates to one thread so you don't bog up the breeding subforum.

Thanks.

That would be ideal, it would keep people more interested and would be much easier to follow.

Day 4-

I started feeding BBS to them today, not sure if it's too early they're only 4 days old:/ do you think it's too early? Anyway they're all doing fine, all are alive and healthy. Look to have gotten bigger, since day 1, haven't got any picture today:( will tomorrow! When do you think I should put them back into the main tank? I want to keep some of them! Thanks

They should be fine with BBS now. I would wait a month or so before you put them in the main tank. Once they can get food with the other fish, and are too large for the other fish to eat, they'll be good to go.

They should be fine with BBS now. I would wait a month or so before you put them in the main tank. Once they can get food with the other fish, and are too large for the other fish to eat, they'll be good to go.

Okay great, thing is with the BBS it's hard to tell weather they've been eating it or not! Yeah okay, I only have guppies Platies and rummy nose tetras anyway nothing too large!

Try Hikari First Bites. Works great and lasts forever.

Depends on the tank mates but you can put them in after a month.

Sometimes I never fish out my fry and they never get eaten.

Try Hikari First Bites. Works great and lasts forever.

Depends on the tank mates but you can put them in after a month.

Sometimes I never fish out my fry and they never get eaten.

Okay ill look into that! I have guppies Platies and rummy nose tetras so should be okay?

This is what I feed my guppy and molly fry and they seem to grow fast. I crush up some algae wafers very fine. I also feed them crushed flakes. I have also fed them pellets. I normally feed mine about 2 to 3 times a day. I put in a carrot for the snails and the guppy fry started to peck at it as well. They are def not picky eaters.

Yeah you're fine with those fish. Give the fry a few weeks then dump in the main tank. Trust me they will find enough to eat.

I only feed my fry once per day. After that they're on their own lol

This is what I feed my guppy and molly fry and they seem to grow fast. I crush up some algae wafers very fine. I also feed them crushed flakes. I have also fed them pellets. I normally feed mine about 2 to 3 times a day. I put in a carrot for the snails and the guppy fry started to peck at it as well. They are def not picky eaters.

So far I've given them BBS and flakes, they seem to be eating it fine!

Yeah you're fine with those fish. Give the fry a few weeks then dump in the main tank. Trust me they will find enough to eat.

I only feed my fry once per day. After that they're on their own lol

Yeah I've started feeding mine 2-3 times a day! Anyone know how I can change the thread title?

I'd suggest to place an airstone in the breeder net to prevent it from growing fungus and to aerate the water for the fry better.

Back
Top Bottom