Guppy Fry Stragglers???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kr1st3n

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, in the process of grabbing some pond snails for my puffers, two guppy fry were caught and scooped into the bag. It would have been too much work to get them back out, while keeping the snails in, so I decided to just take them home, (the store gave them to me free with the snails). So, I have them home in one of my snail breeding tanks, and they ate some crumbled tropical flakes. I just want to know what special considerations they may have compared to bigger fish.

There is no filter in the tank, as I do 25-50% water changes every day or two, and I clean the gravel thoroughly at least once a week if the baby snails aren't doing their job. Any snail bigger than a pencil eraser goes into one of my filtered tanks. I'm also religious about water testing, and go through kits like a child goes through candy.

Once they get big enough, I would likely get a 5 gal for them to share, filter/heat/etc... but until then, what should I do? :fish2: :fish2:

Feed crushed flake and just let them grow. Hopefully they are either two males or females, otherwise you'll have a breeding issue. The bioload is negligible.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Eh. If they start breeding, excess fry would work for feeders. That's not much of a concern for me. :) Just wanted to make sure I could give these two little guys the best chance of growing big.

Back
Top Bottom