Guppy help!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only got one small tube of it from amazon for like $3, I can't find any pet stores that actually sell live brine shrimp, and I also wanna culture daphnia for some reason

Ohh and I bought it cuz I got the pair of guppies and I wanted to breed them

They have most of their nutrients while they are freshly hatched, but as they grow they are still nutritious just not as much as when they are hatched
They make great fry food

alia258 said:
Then your house must be warm, because anything below 68°F should kill them

Actually fish can, have and will survive(d) in temperatures around 50.

Oh really? I never knew! I'm sorry! I was told that they couldn't handle the cold lower than 68! Stupid pet stores with false data :(

Yeah but it'll only get that cold if it's near a window or somewhere with alot of shade, room temp is usually about 70

Well, keep it from having any fast changes in temp, that can kill any fish! I know from expirence that that can be a real issue :/

alia258 said:
Oh really? I never knew! I'm sorry! I was told that they couldn't handle the cold lower than 68! Stupid pet stores with false data :(

But it can have long term effects on them. Temperatures around 70 or 80 are ideal.

Weird my guppy, she got fatter

Last edited by a moderator:
Her getting fatter just means she's preggo again —.—

They empregnate themselves approx. 1 hour after they give birth. It's just natural, no worries :)

Crap I'm moving and I need to move them without stressing her, u think a pet carrier would work? I already have one for using it as a brine shrimp tank but I have extra containers for the brine shrimps

It should work, just be sure to rinse it very very well to get rid of all the salt. If you can, pick up a battery operated airstone to give her some aeration during the trip.

Well I'm moving apartments and im only moving across the street so XD

She should be fine then. Just remember to acclimate her and the other fish when you get the tank back up!

I just don't wanna stress her out just because I don't want her to abort.......

Since she's in such an early stage, I doubt shed abort, so don't worry about it ^^

Keep a sharp eye out for any agitated or unhappy behavior, and you should feed her right after you move her! :)

Back
Top Bottom