Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Guppy Not Doing Well

I wasn't sure if this should go here or in the unhealthy fish forum, but since it's related to giving birth I'm posting here. One of my females who was noticeably pregnant a day or so ago is now looking very poorly. She's staying on the gravel and not really swimming around all that much. She seems to be breathing hard as well. Her stomach towards her tail end appears to be a little puffy and red. I'm not sure if this is normal considering the stress of giving birth or not. Is there anything I can do to treat her considering I have other healthy guppies including several fry and some Oto cats.

Will try to get pictures later. I'm on my lunch break right now and don't have time.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

She's not sitting on the gravel anymore. She seems to be getting around a little bit better although you can clearly see that she's still not right. She still seems to be breathing heavily and she's not very graceful about swimming. Her abdomen is still red and now there's a white string hanging outside of her. I did get some photos, but they're not all that great. Still, if anyone can give me some advice, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Here are the photos...

Old 06-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nevermind. She died last night.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

sorry bout your loss man... thats a morbid looking guppy ><

Tags
guppy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com