Guppy Pregnancy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's hard to tell. I only really know, just before she will give birth that day when her stomach will look boxy, squared off. Sometimes I've seen the outline of one of the fry, looks like a tiny ball shape protruding through the skin, usually very shortly after that mayb as soon as an hour she would give birth.
If not this week, I'd say next week she will pop

Thanks! Just what I needed to know :) And yes she is! All four of them are looking much better. Their colours really brightened up. Haven't really noticed the fins healing yet but keeping the tank clean and hopefully they'll heal up quick :)

Well I see that all her fins are fanned out nice a big and she looking alert again. The tails will take a while to grow back, but u will notice them knitting back together slowly over the next few weeks

Thank you!! Good to know I have a little bit of time yet. Setting up a tank for them right now :)

Yep I'm cycling the grow out tank.

I noticed this lady looks pretty boxy but she isn't that pregnant. She kinda grew twice the size in about two days. Is this weird or am I not really recognizing "boxy" right?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403024033.614789.jpg

Sorry, guppy newbie here. Any and all advice is SO appreciated.

Is the scales if her body standing out, cuz if she's all of a sudden bloated out, it could be dropsy.

Hey belly is quite large. I would say within the next week based on the photos ! Congrats !

Guessing from the way she looks and experience, I'd guess about a week. Make sure she is comfortable, don't move her around too much or she will stress and hold the babies or even abort them!

Back
Top Bottom