Guppy Pregnancy HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustinVance12

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So my female guppy i bought from the store about 5 days ago was noticably pregnant when I bought her and the male guppy I purchased. I began to look up guppy pregnancy and discovered she was quite far along (could see black in the grovel patch, and she looked big), so after a couple days I noticed her hiding behind a coliseum I put in my tank, and I thought it was strange so I put her into a small bowl tank to see if she was going to have her babies. In this small bowl tank I have 2 artificial plants (blue and purple) and she was frantic then settled down behind them. About 2 hours later I came back in my dorm and her grovel patch was not as black, and when light hit it, it was basically translucent minus that part when she swam away from me, which i assume it just normal digestion. So i began to look for the fry and I can see any. So Im kinda freaking out, I don't know if she had them and ate them in 2 hours, if she was just really bloated, or what! The guy at the petstore said "she is the only one you can defiantly tell is pregnant"...so i know she was pregnant...im so lost..HELP

I provided the 2 artificial plants, and she was literally in there for about 2 hours top

doesnt take long. they look like food to her. especially if she's in a small enough space. and depending on how many she may have had

is the bowl bare bottom? or do you have gravel? if there is gravel then they can very well be hiding in plain sight

yes, that is fine. you should be able to see them moving around, but based on what you are describing, it sounds like they may have been eating by the mother

My guppy actually didn't have her babies! She had them this morning! I saved about 13 of them! They are in a small bowl tank with some plants. What is your guys best advice to keep them alive?!

Attachments

• image-3826105461.jpg
    image-3826105461.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom