guppy pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katep20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i just started uo my first ever tropical fish tank about a month and a half ago. I brought 2 female guppys and a male guppy the pet store decided to leave out they breed alot. Was wondering how to tell if their pregnant ive added pics of both female guppys if anyone can help id very much appreciate it. Thanks

ForumRunner_20130116_002114.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_002125.jpg

Hi

The first guppy pic is prob pregnant but not that big, I have 1 that has the same colouring

image-2262386257.jpg

It had fry on Sunday.
The second pic, she looks ready to drop, is she bigger? If her gravid spot is nearly black I'd put her in a floating breeder tank... I just can't see from that pic :)

The light in my pic makes tale look yellow but it changes as he swims around

Thanks for replying to my post. Its so hard to get good pics they move so quick lol I've added more hopefully better one. is it true they are Pretty much always pregnant?

ForumRunner_20130116_091731.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_091712.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_091700.jpg

That's fine always here to help if I can :) both of them really look like they're ready to drop right now! Maybe 2 breeder boxes would be a better plan lol, you might even find fry in the morning! Yea every 28 days you should have fry, they can breed for 6 months even if there is no male around as they hold... In not some nice words... Sperm or what ever the fish term is lol

Lol the pet store sure left all that out when i brought them, i have a breeder box but i read that it can stress them out and they can hold onto babies and kill them and herself is that true?

Yea if you leave them in there for to long (a week or more) then can really stress them out, put some floating weed in the top and bottom compartment so they fill like their binding then you should be ok, I used fake weed, doesn't have to be real, you can leave them in the tank but you'd have to fish the fry out as they're born otherwise your fish will just eat the fry, mother as well!

They don't always kill them self they can abort the fry tho :-(, but by how big your guppies are you should be alright

Its so frustrating i want her to hurry up and have them im trying to watch out for the signs so i can then put her in breeder tank i put her in of a night just in case and i let her out of a morning

My guppy gave away no signs what so ever :-s I was forever looking in my tank waiting for some sign to put her in lol, in the end I put her in the breeder trap on Thursday and she had fry Sunday morning. What's your time difference there? I'm sending this and in my time it's 10:48am

Its a pain cos i dont wanna stress them but dont want them eaten either fish so frustrating lol its 9:50pm here

That's how I felt lol, my guppy even ate her food the before! The signs are rubbish lol, big time difference between us then lol it's Wednesday morning here.
Have your guppies been eating fine?

Wednesday night here where abouts r u from?, yeah been eating fine shes hanging around top alot and my male guppy chases her all the time

I'm from England :) you from aus? My nefu is there till aug, staying in Sydney an working out there, he's been travelling since September, he went to Asia first and been in aus for about a month now

Sure am tasmania to be specific lol, ah yeah cool does he like aus?

Yea he does, he wants to do America after. Did you get another breeder trap? What you gonna do with the guppies today? My black molly has been mating with my marble molly the last few days so will be hoping for that fry in 4 weeks

I brought a breeder box but ive put her in and let her out a few times worried about her stressing in the box i dont know what to do lol

Well let me know how it goes, if she's really big I'd just leave her in there, moving her in and old will stress her out more

Yeah i reckon ill put her back in tonight and leave her in there and hope all goes well

Back
Top Bottom