Guppy pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xoTyanna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm a noob, and I don't know how to tell male from female but a friend of mine gave me 4 male guppies because her females were having too many babies. This one looks like it has a big belly? Help!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395707897.360895.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395707929.821439.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395708144.107800.jpg

To me it does look like a male.. I can't see any gravid spot as a pregnant female would have

To me it does look like a male.. I can't see any gravid spot as a pregnant female would have

Thank you, all my other guppies are smaller and don't have the "belly" like he does, but I am hoping he's just "well fed" hehe!

With females they would have a gravid spot.. Here is my pregnant female and you can see the gravid spot ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395710192.432153.jpg

OMG she's so pretty! But yes I totally see it, thanks for showing me! So my male is fine, just a big belly?

Your welcome.. Yes just a big belly.. You could try him on boiled peas to see if that reduces it as it may be constipation.. I read on here that it helps.. But clarify with others first lol

Your welcome.. Yes just a big belly.. You could try him on boiled peas to see if that reduces it as it may be constipation.. I read on here that it helps.. But clarify with others first lol

I did boiled peas on Thursday so I will try again later this week. They didn't seem to be too interested in them at first but I hear it takes awhile to introduce them as food! Thanks again!

I've only just tried mine on them as I thought they were looking bloated., I squished the peas a little first and mine seemed to enjoy them

Back
Top Bottom