Guppy ready to drop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zimbo97

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:confused:Hi guys um... ive got a pregnant guppy and im not sure weather just to leave her in the tank with the others or take her out, ive got another tank that is just lying around i could use that if i should.

If i put some pics up could u possibly tell me wen her babies are due???!! (roughly)

THANX:D
LOL the pics are not that good LOL!!!

DSCF0315.jpg

DSCF0310.jpg

DSCF0322.jpg

DSCF0318.jpg

It's been awhile for guppies, but I think the more rectangular they look from the side (the abdomen) the closer they are to having babies. Again, I'm not a guppy guy, but I'd guess under a week.

Oh so she is close (maybe) thanx heaps do u know if i should move her into a new tank??

You could try turning your flash off, or taking the picture at an angle to the glass. Depending on the camera, you could also try taking a macro picture (usually denoted by a flower) or play around with the iso settings

She will become reclusive and hide near the substrate, almost laying on it. Her back will arch and her body will square off. You may notice heavy breathing and a change in her eating.

Here is a thread to help with your photos.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/how-to-take-a-good-photo-126831.html

Also, for what I can see, her poop is red. Do you feed color enhancing flakes?

The thread about good fotos was sooo helpful thanx sooo much.. im not sure wat the food i use but i think it is just normal tropical fish flakes, is colour enhancing food bad???

Back
Top Bottom