Guppy relocating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jscurrier

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all.
I have a well established 125g planted tank that has been running for 14 years. I completely redid the tank in 2020 because I wanted to have a community tank ( it had been a home for a bichir and a cuckoo cat. The bichir passed and the cat now lives in the new upgraded home. She is 10 years old now....anyway....
I put three pairs of fancy guppies in at that time and It is becoming overstocked I feel. The parameters are good.
I have a 29 g quarantine tank that is currently dry and clean. I was wondering if It would be best to move the females into a new home, or the males? Does it matter?
Also, I have 7 panda Cory's, 6 khuli loaches and a few amano shrimp...should I leave them all in the 125? I don't want to add additional fish.

Also in 125:
10 congo tetras
12 harlequin rasboras
5 siamese algae eaters
3 longfin super red plecos
Nerite snails

Filtration is an FX6 and AC 110

So I ended up relocating 10 female guppies to the 29g. I used eco complete substrate and used the tank water from the 125g. I also moved the AC 110 from the 125 to the 29g since it was already good to go. I got a new AC 110 for the 125 and seeded it with some media from the older filter. I planted a few plants from the 125g as well.

A couple guppies were pregnant when I moved I'm considering getting a breeder, but there are so many to choose from. Is there a real difference? I need to choose soon or these fish are gonna blow fry all over the place. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom