guppy tail got nib i think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
I go to sleep and my guppy has a whole tail. I notice in the afternoon looks like a fish nib at his tail some. We can i do or use to treat his tail so its not a open wound the gets infected on him? Thanks for all ur help ahead of time.:)

i say fisrt identify culprit then try to seperate em but pwcs clean water and melafix i think it is and you should be golden

Howdy..first it would be helpful to know what tankmates are you keeping with the guppy? What size tank is it?

Most likely meds won't be needed. Clean water will be, however. Do you have a master test you use to test the water?

I have a 29 gal tank. I have 1 dwarf gourami, 1 german blue ram, 1 clown pleco, 3 glow fish, 3 guppies, 4 serpea tetras and a ghost shrimp. Im getting that short i been using the test sticks and ammonia liquid test kit.

I think I get it now. The serpaes and the glofish are the nippers. They need at least 6 of each to school properly, and will nip if not kept in those numbers.

my glofish and guppies get along fine i think if anything maybe the tetras cause i had the glowfish and guppies for 2 months together and their fine together. i just add the tetras about 2 weeks ago. Thank you for everyones help.

+1 Lauren. In fact I would go with 7 for the tetras. Ideally for the glo fish as well but if you really think they aren't nipping, I would leave them alone since the serpae's are a better match for your tank, and to avoid overstocking.

Well i have room to add more to one or the other. What do u think im better adding to? i can add 3 fish

In terms of bioload... You can add WAY more then that, but in terms of $, that's completely understandable. I'd go with 1 more serpae, and two more glofish. If you can, I'd match the amount of serpaes you have now with 4 more, and 4 more glofish, cause that switches things up a bit, and makes sure they pay attention to the new additions.

I think if the serpae's are the ones that are nipping, than that is where you should put your focus and get 3 more of those.

I have the money for the fish just if i go inch of fish for 1 gal i dont have the space.

Firebird23 said:
I have the money for the fish just if i go inch of fish for 1 gal i dont have the space.

That rule really isn't very effective... You've got plenty of space to up your schools by at least 4 each! Only up one school at a time though, or you'll start a mini cycle.

Back
Top Bottom