Guppys been pregnant for 2 months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mileymoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
My 2 female guppies have been pregnant now for 2 months I bought 3 and all of them were pregnant, my blue one has had 32 fry they will be three weeks this Friday I bought the fish at the same time and all three were pregnant I'll post some pic if I can get them close enough and still enough, I'm worried because there not getting any bigger and you can see the fry in there bellys

image-357701389.jpg

Pics of guppies 9 weeks pregnant

Attachments

• image-4174356281.jpg
    image-4174356281.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 124
  • image-535561635.jpg
    image-535561635.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 125
  • image-3112743070.jpg
    image-3112743070.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 125
  • image-2892685882.jpg
    image-2892685882.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 131
  • image-607151435.jpg
    image-607151435.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 136
I have bred quite a few guppys and these don't look pregnant to me. The black spot that you can see is the GRAVID spot which ALL female guppys have and you see this when the fry are about 3 weeks old.

I have bred quite a few guppys and these don't look pregnant to me. The black spot that you can see is the GRAVID spot which ALL female guppys have and you see this when the fry are about 3 weeks old.

I agree. They don't look pregnant.

Can anyone post some pictures of pregnant guppies and how exactly do you tell? I just had one of my four females in my kids 10 gallon drop fry but I have no idea which one... they all look the same to me.

Thanks guys there's defo no signs of the pitta patter of tiny fins, so I'm off the hook, I'm gonna just leave them now, out of my 32 fry only 20 reached maturity they hopefully will be re homed soon

Can anyone post some pictures of pregnant guppies and how exactly do you tell? I just had one of my four females in my kids 10 gallon drop fry but I have no idea which one... they all look the same to me.

Type it into google images - some really good pics on there

Your Guppies

My 2 female guppies have been pregnant now for 2 months I bought 3 and all of them were pregnant, my blue one has had 32 fry they will be three weeks this Friday I bought the fish at the same time and all three were pregnant I'll post some pic if I can get them close enough and still enough, I'm worried because there not getting any bigger and you can see the fry in there bellys

Hello Miley...

If you bought your Guppies at the local pet store. They're pregnant. Guppies of both sexes are typically raised together. The females are mature at 2 months, the males at roughly 3 months. These fish are considered adults at 6 months.

Females can hold their fry indefinitely if they feel water or other tank conditions aren't right for fry survival. You can encourage them by keeping the tank water pure. I change half the water in my Guppy tanks every week and add a bit of standard aquarium salt to the new water. A teaspoon in every 5 gallons of new water is about the dosage. The new, treated tap water needs to be a bit warmer than that in the tank.

You need floating plants in Guppy tanks. Anacharis and Pennywort are excellent. They grow quickly in most lighting and the plants make good cover to hid the females and the fry. The thicker the plants, the more comfortable the fish become.

Good nutrition is critical. I feed a little frozen brine or Mysis shrimp, plankton, bloodworms, and beef heart. I also feed a tiny bit of freeze dried tubifex worms and a bit of flaked food. You can get these at any pet store.

Fish breeding is pretty simple for most of the fish you get at the pet store. You just have to set up the right conditions.

B

Back
Top Bottom