Hardest Fish To Breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishbreeder

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Whats the hardest fish to breed? i already breed guppy, molly , and platy.
I want to try something harder but not any big fish like cichlid.
I also have a 64 gallon tank , long 16+20
Any fish will work , just not big fish

Rams would be more challenging than your livebear's

Sorry but if you are only breeding livebearers to this point, you are not really breeding fish.:D ( Livebearers only need water and food to make babies and they do all the work :brows:) If you have no experience with breeding egg laying fish, may I suggest you do some research on breeding them before going after the hardest ones to breed. Truth is the breeding isn't the hardest part. The raising of the fry is. See what's involved from there and then decide which fish you would like to try. (y)

A good beginner egg layer are the zebra danios. If you can get the fry to grow, then you can move on to more complicated fish like barbs and tetras. Their fry are are a bit more challenging. Then Gouramis, Bettas, then Killies, catfish, etc. and the list goes on.

Hope this helps (y)

I was thinking about neon tetra but when i read online about female and male and when i was at petco i only saw female i guess. The line was creaked a bit. I want to buy at least 10 neon and try to breed them but its impossible?

Back
Top Bottom