Have mr and mrs kirb started to breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanz8anz

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a pair of kirbensis cichlids in my community tank the female has been in there nearly a week and they hit it off great and were inseprable always swimming together..

Over the past day or so the female hasnt been around much and the male hasnt been trolling the tank as much he seems to be hovering over the sunken aircraft carrier that they seem to have claimed he will swim around.breifly but will dart back. The female very really comes out and if she does its for an even shorter time..

He was all lovely and red blue black and orange and she had a very plump purple belly when ever he is ny the aircraft he holds these colours. Before when ever he went near the aircraft and the female was around he would do a shimmy like moment but that has stopped..

I saw her this morning breifly and the plump belly has gone its still rounded but slim..

I am wondering if they have started to do there business.

Theres not alot of agression going on if the other fish get to close to the aircraft carrier and r heading to the bottom he will come out and chase them off. But if they stay and thw top hes not worried.

I am a little lost

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom