Help??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kt23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have a 65 gallon corner tank and I was looking for some fish to start off with I wanted just a male and female and take it from there. Any advice on what kinda fish I should get

Yes I am I just want to start with 2 and eventually fill up the tank just with the fry I get

Well look into livebearers..if you want semi aggressive to aggressive look into cichlids if you'd like peaceful check out mollys or guppies

Rainbowfish breed like rabbits, but generally you want more than one female to a male so she doesn't get pestered to death.

Thank you guys a lot I went ahead and got 2 plattys

Great!, but the male will harass the female possibly to death I would at least get another female or two. Plus it will boost up the amount of fry you get.

Thanks for the advice I went and got two more female platty and 2 female guppy and 1 male

One more question would I be able to have a rainbow shark??

The shark will eventually terrorize all the inhabitants you have chosen and the tank size is very small for an adult shark

Mrc8858 said:
The shark will eventually terrorize all the inhabitants you have chosen and the tank size is very small for an adult shark

Yeah sorry I didn't see the stock list ...

So if I wanted to have another kind of fish with my platty and my guppy what kind would u recomand?? Thanks for all the advice

Kt23 said:
So if I wanted to have another kind of fish with my platty and my guppy what kind would u recomand?? Thanks for all the advice

Anything peaceful would work, tetras such as neons, swordtails, Mollies, balloon Mollies

Ok thanks for the great advice I really appreciate it

If you like the shark but want a peaceful tank take a look into designer/fancy plecos like goldnuggets and such.. they can be a little pricey but some are very interesting

Yea I would want to mix in other kinds of fish with my platty and guppy. But I'm having a hard time finding cool colorful fish that can go with them

Back
Top Bottom