Help!! Betta fry!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my betta fish Uma and Tommy finally spawned. There were about 200 eggs and 3 days later all I can find is ONE! Betta fry that is out of reach from Tommy. Tommy is trying to get the fry and I think he ate the rest of them. I made a mini kinda tank for him with some bubbles from Tommy's nest. Should I put the fry there??

So my betta fish Uma and Tommy finally spawned. There were about 200 eggs and 3 days later all I can find is ONE! Betta fry that is out of reach from Tommy. Tommy is trying to get the fry and I think he ate the rest of them. I made a mini kinda tank for him with some bubbles from Tommy's nest. Should I put the fry there??
Sorry, I am a little confused about what a mini kinda tank is. What sort of set-up did you have for all the fry?

absolutangel04 said:
Sorry, I am a little confused about what a mini kinda tank is. What sort of set-up did you have for all the fry?

Haha I took the dad out an filled the tank and found MANY more fry :D
The tank is a 5 gallon it has lots of moss but the fry just hang at the top of the tank.

Do you have places for them to go once they get a little bit bigger? Raising bettas is pretty hard work. I definitely do not envy you. But I bet the fry are super cute.

absolutangel04 said:
Do you have places for them to go once they get a little bit bigger? Raising bettas is pretty hard work. I definitely do not envy you. But I bet the fry are super cute.

I have already asked alot of people and they agreed to take the boys and I'll just keep the girls together

also u know if u keep all of the fry in there the males wont kill each other but there will be some fights for dominance once in a while without deaths also if u do that u gotta separate them right b4 spawning

I have already asked alot of people and they agreed to take the boys and I'll just keep the girls together
If you can put up pictures, that would be great. I have never seen bettas any younger than the ones commonly sold in stores. Keep up updated on how it goes. :)

Sorry this is the best photo I can get because the iPhone camera it really crappy :/

Attachments

• image-3743237108.jpg
    image-3743237108.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 113
absolutangel04 said:
Its ok. I can see tinty little fry. Cool. :)

Sorry this is a little late but I got a better picture. There's two in the lid but one of them is very light

Attachments

• image-1889694278.jpg
    image-1889694278.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 74
So CUTE! Yeah, that one is pretty light, but I can still see it. I might have missed it if you hadn't said there were 2!

absolutangel04 said:
So CUTE! Yeah, that one is pretty light, but I can still see it. I might have missed it if you hadn't said there were 2!

Haha and you can see a flake that I put in to check

Back
Top Bottom